Saturday 1 January 2011

Ho Ho Ho

As it's my first year of writing my blog, I'm not quite used to writing daily and so I kinda missed Christmas!  So to catch up, here are some of the great presents I received over the festive period.


Maye knitted cape
Ted Baker Knitted Cape

Iridian checked tulip shape skirt
Ted Baker Checked Tulip Shape Skirt

Klenze biker style wool jacket Purple - Ted Baker
Ted Baker Klenze Biker Jacket, in Purple

All the above were chosen by me way before Christmas but I was good and they remained wrapped up til Christmas day :)  Love them all! Needed a new coat for ages and I adore the bright purple that my coat comes in, and teamed with the gorgeous checked skirt, I look fab! As for the cape, I've been freezing at work for weeks so this has really come in handy!
0281-001-12
Thomas Sabo Snowflake Pendant Charm

I got a Thomas Sabo charm bracelet 2 years ago from my parents and have managed to collect charms every year from family and friends.  This gorgeous snowflake is the latest addition to the collection, joining a dancing shoe, flip flop, letter A, and a tennis racket.  With the snow this year, I'll definitely remember why I got this one!

Couture in the 21st Century: In the Words of 30 of the World's Most Cutting-Edge Designers
Couture in the 21st Century: In the Words of 30 of the World's Most Cutting-Edge Designers by Deborah Bee

Not to sound too loved up, but this present came from my boyfriend and I have to say, it was the most thoughtful present he's ever given me.  As you may know, I'm hoping to become a Trainee Buyer this year *fingers crossed*, and when he saw this in a magazine labelled "Must have for anyone working in fashion" he immediately knew I should have it.  i had never seen this book before so it was a lovely surprise on Christmas day.  And it's a brilliant read!  Really interesting insights on couture from 30 fashion designers, along with pictures of their best collections, including my favourites Miu Miu, Marc Jacobs, Christian Louboutin and Chanel.  Fantastic present and definitely recommend it if you're a fashion geek like me :)

Audrey 100
By Ellen Fontana, Sean Hepburn and Luca Dotti

I asked for an Audrey hepburn biography for Christmas and got this instead - not at all a disappointment! It's a collection of the 100 best photos of the fashion icon as chosen by her family and friends.  There are some stunning pictures in here, but also some very humbling images of Hepburn at her most comfortable and natural.  As always though, whatever she did, she looked fantastic and this book only makes me love her more :)

My Wonderful World of Fashion: A Book for Drawing, Creating and Dreaming
By Nina Chakrabarti

Big surprise from a fantastic friend, this book is just like a big colouring book for fashion fiends! I've already had a good few hours of fun with this one.  Basically, it provides you with lots of pictures and patterns to colour in how you wish, and then provides blank pages throughout the book and asks you to draw a piece of clothing or an accessory on each one.  I haven't taken the plunge and drawn anything myself yet... don't want to ruin the book!  But once I've created some of my favourite designs, I'll be adding them in asap.

As with most women at Christmas, I received too many fantastic presents to mention them all.  These were just a few of the most fashion conscious ones.  Hopefully you've all been just as lucky as I have and have had a fantastic Christmas.  

For now, enjoy your presents and the time with your families (work will come around soon enough!).  

Merry Christmas!

Love



No comments:

Post a Comment