Friday 14 January 2011

Spring/Summer 2011 Inspiration

Have you seen the amount of bikini clad models gracing our magazines at the moment?! Taunting us with their sandy beaches, sunny back drops and flat tummys. I know it feels early to be talking about summer clothing when there's a chance we might get more snow, but, as with every year, fashion pushes us onwards! So to the future, I want to concentrate on Jil Sander's collection for when (or if) the heat arrives in 2011.  As with many designers, the obvious trend has to be the long - in most cases, floor length - skirts within her collection and also her blatant use of colour blocking.  It works fantastically, especially when teamed with a plain white tee as she has so often used.  Her techno-garbadine skirt in flourescent pink with the split up the side to the mini skirt which is half concealed underneath is an amazing piece. The colour obviously catches your eye but is not offensive, just fabulously summery and the fabric hangs fantastically to the floor (or in my case to the floor and way way past it as I don't possess the long legs of the models in the magazines). To me, this skirt symbolises the kind of fun you can have with fashion in the summer.  




As does the electric-tangerine fishtail skirt shown below which needs little explaining. This colour explosion added to the gorgeous structure around the waist and hips make this skirt a brilliant piece for S/S 2011. In all honesty, I have no appropriate words to describe it, I simply love it.




      
Sander has also created a stylish accessories collection for S/S 11, including these outrageous brogues and this stunning floral print handbag. I appreciate the shoes are probably a little too much for most people to handle, especially with our weather, but don't try to tell me that a tiny part of you doesn't love them.   
                          

   


If I could afford any one of these skirts for the new season, I would most definitely be purchasing. As it is, I'll wait for one of the high street stores to come up with their own version and go for the economical choice!


Enjoy shopping for your summer wardrobes! But maybe book a holiday to go with them first :)


Lots of love,


No comments:

Post a Comment