Friday 28 January 2011

Something I Love



Just a quick note. I've just finished watching the third and final part of Upstairs Downstairs and I had to write about how much I love the fashion in that era! Keeley Hawes looks fantastic throughout the period drama in gorgeous floor length gowns for her frequent cocktail parties in that amazing house. 


If you haven't watched the program, it's definitely worth finding on BBC iPlayer. With a great cast, it takes you through the day to day lives of a wealthy and well-connected family in pre-Second World War Britain and all the trials and tribulations that come with it. Admittedly the first episode is slow to get going, but by the third, you are definitely left wishing it wasn't the last. As I mentioned, the fashions are to die for. This series features and exquisite tiara worn by the lady of the house and her mother-in-law, a number of fantastic cocktail party dresses as demonstrated by Keeley Hawes and  Claire Foy, who plays her sister. Well worth checking out. In fact, it has inspired me in a few dressmaking challenges of my own this year.

Enjoy the show : )

Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment