Saturday 22 January 2011

The Sky's The Limit

On Thursday, I had a meeting with my Manager at work. In an effort to get on with my New Year's resolution of becoming a Trainee Buyer and to satisfy my hunger for something new and exciting, I asked how best to go about gaining some buying experience in the eventual hope of getting a new job. Though originally my Manager had offered to find someone to help me, it has now become clear that she doesn't know the right people on the relevant departments. So instead, she has whole-heartedly supported me in finding the experience myself. Basically, my best option is to email a Buying Controller in Ladieswear and ask for some help. Hopefully I'll be able to sit with a Buyer after work one night a week and build up a knowledge of the job and the department. But to be honest, any help she can give me will be gratefully received.


More to come. Roll on Monday when I can get this email out and nervously wait for an answer. Fingers crossed.


Love and good luck to you all in whatever endeavours you may be undertaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment