Saturday 29 January 2011

Vintage Affair

I read a book a few months ago which really inspired me. Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff is all about Phoebe Swift, a woman (fictional) who used to work at Sotheby's Auction House in London and chose to move out of the city centre and open her own vintage clothing shop. It was a great story about a love of fashion and the usual love story us girls like in our light holiday reading. But it truly showed me that I could open my own shop one day, and maybe it would be as gorgeous and successful as the one designed for this book. The reason I'm telling you about this, aside from the fact that it pretty much gave me most of the ideas for my shop, is that I was looking today on the Vogue website and came across some Tutu  dresses designed by Giovanni Bedin for House of Worth in Spring/Summer 2011 Paris Fashion Week. This collection is stunning, and exactly what I imagine some of the vintage dresses in the shop to look like, though perhaps with a little more couture and less bold colour about them. Inspired by an original House of Worth gown from the 19th century, these dresses would really make a woman feel special. For this, their beauty and the astonishing work that has been put in to create them, I had to show you.


                   
                  
Pictures courtesy of www.vogue.com

From looking at these, and once I've seen Black Swan this week, I'm pretty sure my new career path - however unlikely it might actually be - will be to become a ballet dancer. I don't have the figure, strength or stamina for it, but these dresses definitely make it appealing!

Happy pirouetting.

Lots of love,


No comments:

Post a Comment