Wednesday 12 January 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Normally I'm not a fan of New Year's Resolutions. I make them, but I never keep them. But this year, I've made some that I might actually be able to manage and have so far done ok with.  So here's my list, see how easy you think these will be.


1. Set up a monthly donation of £2 to NSPCC.
This is all set up through www.workplacegiving-uk.com so that not only does the charity receive my donation, but they also get 25% added on.  This way, my £2 a month becomes £2.50 a month, helping them a little bit more.  I also over achieved my resolution by donating to 3 charities, including the initial NSPCC, Bowel Cancer UK and Heart Research UK.  These all receive £2 a month from my wages which all adds up to £72 a year - I'll just have to spend a bit less on my clothes and accessories this year, nothing I can't cope with out abd it's for a great cause.
2. Donate at least 10% of all money made or paid from buying and selling items on Ebay.
So far I have sold 3 items this year on Ebay and have donated to different charities including Tommy's and Heartbeat.
3. Write on my blog 4 times a week.
So I haven't got this one down completely yet, but I'm definitely getting better! Watch this space :)
4. Become a trainee buyer.
I have a meeting with my manager booked in the next couple of weeks to discuss getting some experience and training in the buying department so we'll see how that goes.  I'm hoping by the end of the year, I'll be a trainee buyer working towards a brilliant fashion career!
5. Lose half a stone and tone up.
The plan is to go to the gym 3 times a week, including a class on Saturday mornings, and to use the Wii Fit the rest of the week.  So far this week, I've managed to get to the gym twice but am having a night off tonight as we're going out for a romantic meal to celebrate our week off work (who needs a real excuse to go on a date?!) I'm also doing pretty well with my diet, decreasing the cravings for sugar during the day, drinking lots of water and eating lots of fruit and veg.
6. Run the Race for Life 10k.
Last year I managed to make myself run the Race for Life 5k without ever having done any running before. I know it's not far, but for me it was an achievement to be able to run that far without stopping or walking. So this year, I'm planning to train myself up a little more and run the 10k in June/July.


That's it for now, I'll let you know if I come up with any more and how I'm getting on with these current ones. Let me know if you have any interesting ones!


Lots of love and good luck for your resolutions,


No comments:

Post a Comment