Wednesday 8 December 2010

The Christmas Party Dress Part 2

So, as you know, I've been looking for the perfect dress to wear to my Christmas party.  The event is next Friday so I really had to start trying some on!  With that in mind, the boyfriend and I ventured to Manchester.  I had a Selfridges voucher for £70 so aimed to spend no more on the dress and hopefully I could find some shoes I already own!  Despite being hungry and tired, the boyfriend was brilliantly helpful and actually chose the final dress that I purchased.
           
So here were the final six...
       
Black Plissé Dress
Miss Selfridge Black Plisse Dress Was £65 Now £45 - This dress was lovely on but for some reason, under the right arm there was too much material making the dress bulge out which was a real shame.

Luca dress
Coast Luca Dress Was £135 Now £95 - Great quality dress but just didn't feel comfortable around the neck with the large bow and sequins scratching my skin.  Look fabulous on and decent discount from original price but still a little too expensive for my budget.

Structured Cissie dress
Ted Baker Structured Cissi Dress £104 - Very well made dress but unfortunately the corset style band around the waist just did not flatter my body shape.

EMBELLISHED ONE SHOULDER DRESS
Warehouse Embellished One Shoulder Dress £50 - Gorgeous dress, perfect for anyone who wants a stylish dress for a night out on the town.  I just wanted something a bit more sparkly and festive but otherwise, this is a great buy and really nice deep blue colour.

Bow Prom Dress
Red Bow Prom Dress Was £60 Now £40 - Beautiful cotton dress, great price, fantastic colour and lovely detail in the bows.  Actually ended up being in the final choice, definitely a good choice for a solid party dress.

The Winner
Embellished Waistband Dress
Oasis Embellished Waistband Dress £65 - This dress was absolutely perfect for what I wanted.  Totally different to anything I've owned before but at the same time remaining classy and glamorous.  The colour is delicate but the embellished waist gives some sparkle, and the fabric is so light, it's the most comfortable dress I tried on all day.  One problem I have, I might have to fake tan a little to make the colour look as good as it can against my pale chest.  Damn this cold weather!!

The Shoes
Primark Black Sparkly Heels £18 - Just a glimpse of the shoes I may chose to wear with the dress above.  So sparkly! 

So that's the outfit.  I'll let you know when I've found some gorgeous accessories to go with it.  Hope you're all having fun finding your own outfits and can take inspiration from the ones I've shown you today.  Comment when you find the perfect one for you, I'd love to hear about them.

Happy dress hunting!

Love and sparkles,




No comments:

Post a Comment