Friday 3 December 2010

Food for Thought

I'm currently sat in my kitchen cooking, for the first time, a veg curry from scratch.  It smells pretty good so thought I'd give you guys the recipe.  Stepping away from the usual fashion discussions I know, but bear with me.


Veggie Jalfrezi Curry


Ingredients
Oil
Patak's Jalfrezi Paste
400g Chopped Tomatoes
1/4 Butternut Squash
1/4 Cauliflower
1 Pepper
1 Medium Onion
1 Baked Potato
Rice


1. Boil water in pan and add rice.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions until brown.
3. Add curry paste (1/3 of a jar), stir and cook for 5 mins.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, stir in and simmer for 5mins until the sauce begins to thicken.
5. Add 150ml water and diced vegetables and leave to simmer for 15mins.
6. Warm up some poppadoms and get the mango chutney out for a fantastic meal!


So see what you think.  Definitely worth a try, it's really yummy!!


Happy cooking : )


Lots of love,


No comments:

Post a Comment