Tuesday 7 December 2010

Fashion Horoscopes

In this December's issue of Vogue, they have attempted to interpret the signs of the Zodiac in to fashion trends.  Intrigued, I tried to see how I fit in to my particular horoscope.  On some levels it was fairly accurate, but does anyone ever get the feeling that with any kind of horoscope you seem to change your perceptions of yourself in order to fit in with what the magazine is telling you?!  I've included the entry for my star sign, Taurus, below.  For those of you who know me, let me know if what you read sounds at all familiar to you.  And for those of you who don't know me, it's interesting to have a think about how a horoscope can supposedly define your style as well as your emotional well being.

Picture taken from www.fashioninmyeyes.com


Vogue, December 2010:
Taurus, April 19-May 19
Few express their appreciation for beauty like the Taurean.  Ruled by the plan Venus, she'll be stirred by the jet embroidery on Erdem's black satin evening coat or the ingres-like eyebrows of a young stranger.  With their love of detail, it's small wonder that designers like Muccia Prada, Nicolas Ghesquiere, Dries Van Noten and Christopher Bailey were all born under the sign of the bull.  Appearance-wise they soothe rather than provoke; a style best exemplified by Taureans Audrey Hepburn, Sofia Coppola and Penelope Cruz.  A bathroom groaning with beauty goodies - they were first to snatch up Burberry's new make-up line - and a crammed cupboard of clothes are key to the bull's bon vivant existence.  Hers is a rich palette of red (she should look out for Lanvin's crimson pencil skirt), white and black separates cocktail dresses, evening gowns and the occasional strict suit - which she transforms with her myriad jingles and jangles.  Financially prudent, she invests in known fashion labels but also believes in the occasional cheat - a case of Holly-goes-high-street.

Another horoscope I came across when I started to look in to this whole idea was a little more direct in it's interpretation of my style.

When it comes to your style, you strive to be trendy but comfortable.  You like to wear fabrics such as silk and soft cottons.  Just like your celebrity style icon Audrey Hepburn, your style is simple, timeless and has a touch of elegance.  The zodiac sign Taurus rules the neck so pretty necklaces, scarves and ties look fabulous on you.  The colours you suit are beige, brown, green, black and pastel shades.  Wear sporty tops with bootcut jeans, v-neck t-shirts or blouses, belts with buckles or details, ballet flats, wool jerseys, boots and denim skirts.


It's interesting to see how many different ways people can interpret the time of year we are born against our personality and preferences.  Personally, I'll go with the first of the horoscopes mentioned here.  Not only does it liken me to one of the most fashionable women ever, Audrey Hepburn, but it also mentions my attention to detail.  Recently I began experimenting with dress making, and I constantly find myself adding little details here and there to make the garments just a little bit special and unique.  I am a huge fan of black, white and grey, and I do also have a number of evening gowns that I no longer have the occasion to wear.  So all in all, this was a pretty accurate portrayal of myself!! Of course they're always generic and you end up forcing yourself to fit the pattern, but it's interesting so have a look for yourself!! If anything, it will definitely give you some new ideas of fashion trends you might like to try.


Enjoy the stars,




No comments:

Post a Comment