Sunday 3 October 2010

The Promise

Aside from the leather and glitter pumps worn by Alexa Chung on the cover of my November Elle, the first thing that caught my eye was a De Beers diamond engagement ring.  With a two page spread for the gorgeous wedding collection, I couldn't resist having a peak on their website.  As expected, there were no prices - the boyfriend will not be shopping there!! - but the thought of having one of those beauties on my finger one day propelled me on to find their wedding collection page.  As I trawled through, I found the one from Elle magazine.  Called 'The Promise', this ring was the newest in the range and served as an engagement and wedding ring in one.




As gorgeous as you can clearly see it was, I couldn't help thinking that when I get married, I want 2 rings.  One to say I'm engaged, and then a second to add for the wedding.  Maybe I'm just being greedy, but I'm sticking to tradition!  To that end, I had a quick mooch around the rest of the collection... This is what I found.



 Personally, I think these two rings equal everything I've ever wanted for my ideal engagement ring.  Simple but elegant.  Stunning you might say.  And for my boyfriend to buy me something like this would not only show me that he loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me, but that he knows me.  These rings are me, made of white gold and diamonds, I adore them.  But of course, I'm dreaming.  No one with a regular job and regular life would be able to afford a ring with such an elusive price tag.  Then again, I don't need the price tag, I just want the look : ) And if I can't find that anywhere else, then at least the boyfriend has a good few years to save up...


For now though, I can settle for another ring showcased in Elle magazine this month, though not of the engagement variety.  The crown below is a fantastic piece of costume jewellery.  For the princess in all of us, I think it's a definite purchase to accompany any little black dress you might be yearning to wear on a fabulous night out.  Some different and unique, to me it's style and edge is exactly the kind of look I wish to achieve in all my fashion endeavours.  See for yourself.




As for the leather and glitter Marc Jacobs pumps, they will have a potentially affordable price tag.  As long as Marc is willing to hold a pair just for me for a few months (maybe years) before I can save up.  We'll just have to wait and see.




Sleep well,


Love 





No comments:

Post a Comment