Saturday 23 October 2010

Haute Couture

Just a quick snap shot of some images of the gorgeous designs coming through from this season's fashion shows around the globe.  Take a look, you'll see that words cannot express just how beautiful these clothes truly are.


Versace

Christian Lacroix

Dior

Dior

Dior

Dior

Dior

As you can tell, I am a huge fan of the Dior collection this season.  The sheer size of the skirts on these dresses just symbolises to me the most glamorous dress I would ever wear.  The shape and flow of all the above dresses flatter the models' figures immensely and reveals the inspiring work that went in to these fantastic creations.

One thing I always notice when wearing gowns similar to those above, I feel more sophisticated and well dressed when I'm wearing something floor length or a garment that requires you to man handle it to protect it from the outdoor elements.  God forbid the dress touches the floor, a door way or ever, ever gets stood on by someone else's 7-inch heels.  That would be a disaster.  And because you have to protect it, it feels that much more special.  Obvious really, seeing as the dresses above would set you back at least a quarter of my yearly salary.  But ever the optimist, I will wear one of these one day.  

Anyway, this was a quick post to showcase some of the talent out there.  Hopefully in the future I'll be able to show you pictures that I've taken from the actual runways.  Maybe even in my matching dress!  Just you wait and see...

Sleep well,

Love


No comments:

Post a Comment